Tableside ordering, whether it be through handheld POS systems or QR code ordering systems, excites visitors while also making your front-of-house operations easier.
What is tableside ordering?
Tableside ordering pos Malaysia is any contactless ordering and payment system in which customers can peruse the menu, place food and drink orders, and pay their bills with the assistance of a server or on their own smartphone.
What is a tableside ordering system?
Restaurant tableside ordering systems are available in two forms: handheld POS systems and QR code ordering systems. They’re an important aspect of the New Steps of Service paradigm, which was developed to accommodate the changing needs of restaurants and diners.
What is a handheld POS system?
A portable POS, carried by a waiter, is another alternative for tableside ordering and payment devices. Handheld-based systems can be taken anywhere in the restaurant, eliminating the need to return to a central POS to place orders. Even among restaurants that have clung to the conventional paper receipt paradigm for decades, handheld-based systems for restaurant tableside ordering are gaining traction.
The top four advantages of a handheld POS system
1. Payment alternatives that are easy to use. Allow your guests to use contactless payments in addition to dip and swipe. Guests can use phone apps like Google Pay, Apple Pay, and Samsung Pay to pay using their cards.
2. Safety first. Doing more off-prem sales these days? Collect money at the curb so your guests don’t have to get out of their cars. This cuts down on unnecessary interaction and improves the service process.
3. Better customer service. By decreasing the number of trips back and forth to a central POS, waiters can focus on what counts most: providing outstanding service to more tables and turning those same tables 15-20% faster than restaurants that don’t employ handheld POS systems.
4. Tips that are higher. Because tablets are turned more quickly and visitors are more aware of tipping amount per cent through the tip prompt screen that comes before the signature screen, restaurants can experience bigger tips when they use pay-at-the-table systems like handhelds.
What is a QR code ordering system?
Order & Pay is a newer sort of tableside ordering technology that allows clients to view a restaurant’s full menu by scanning a QR code from their phone. The entire digital ordering procedure takes place on the guest’s phone, including opening the menu, picking meals and drinks, making a payment, and adding tips. There are no menu, invoices, bank cards, or pencils to touch in this self-serve restaurant tableside ordering system.
The top 4 advantages of QR code ordering system
1. There is nothing to touch. Guests may order and pay immediately from smartphones, eliminating the need for menus, receipts, and pens.
2. It’s simple to order and pay. Guests can use their device to peruse the menu, place their order, and pay for their meal on their own time.
3. Reduce the amount of back-and-forth. When guests are ready, they can place an order and pay. There’s no need to wait for a waitress or deal with credit cards or pens.
4. Assist in reducing table turn times. Guests don’t have to wait for menus or checks because everything is at their fingertips.